Before you go to the store...
- Check your printed food list, your Wisconsin MyWIC App or access online at ebtEDGE for your first day to use date.
- Be sure you have your eWIC card.
- Only share your card information (including your PIN) with your alternate(s).
- Be aware of what stores in the area accept the eWIC card
Forgot Your PIN?
- If you enter an incorrect PIN 4 times, your eWIC card will be locked until midnight of that same day.
- After this locked period, if you remember your PIN, your eWIC card can be used with that same PIN (does not need to be changed, with an account "locking")
- If you do not remember your PIN, the WIC office needs to be notified. The card can only be unlocked and the PIN changed via the WIC office.
While You're At The Store...
- Use your WIC Shopping Guide to guide you through the store- it will tell what what foods are eligible and in what size packaging
- Let the cashier know that you will be using your eWIC card before they begin your transaction.
- Multiple payment types can be used (cash, check, FoodShare card, etc. in addition to your eWIC card)
- Your eWIC card should be used first, before other payment methods
- Your eWIC balance (the WIC foods you have remaining) will print out on your receipt.
- For future reference, it's a good idea to keep your most recent receipt in your WIC book
If you have problems shopping for WIC foods at the grocery store, notify a manager of that store. Save your store receipt and note the time, date and other memorable details of your shopping trip. Call your local WIC agency or State WIC program if the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
Use the links below for more helpful shopping advice on shopping for your WIC foods