Children: Newborn to age 5
WIC foods help your child meet today's nutrition needs as recommended by your health care provider.
WIC food packages for your children:
- are lower in fat and higher in fiber
- offer more variety
- will help your child grow healthy
- Follow Dietary Guidelines and MyPlate!
The WIC Child Food Package contains the following foods:
- Iron-fortified cereal
- Approved whole wheat/whole grain food, such as:
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread, Buns, Rolls
- Soft Corn/Whole Wheat
- Brown Rice
- Whole Wheat Pasta
FRUITS and VEGETABLES
- $9 for approved fruit and/or vegetables: fresh, frozen, or canned
- Vitamin C-rich juice
- Whole milk for one-year olds
- Low-fat (1%) or fat-free (skim) milk for 2-4 year olds
- Dry or canned beans/peas or peanut butter
Keep your child healthy and strong with WIC foods!