Health Check is a preventative health check-up program for anyone under the age of 21 who is currently eligible for Wisconsin Medicaid or BadgerCare Plus.
The goal of the program is to ensure health conditions and problems are detected and treated early, before they become more serious. Health Check screenings are provided according to a schedule based on recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Our nurses provide a health check screening and assessment, health education, and assistance with establishing a relationship with a local health care provider.
- Comprehensive health and developmental history
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Vision and hearing screening
- Immunizations review/referral
- Health education/Anticipatory guidance
- Laboratory tests including lead testing and hemoglobin (iron)
- Dental referrals
HealthCheck meets the physical exam requirements for programs such as Head Start, Child Care or WIC (Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Food Program) and school physicals.