Registered Dietitian / Registered Dietetic Technician
Join our team of Registered Dietitians at Nutrition & Health Associates, Inc. We are currently seeking a full-time Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietetic Technician for our nutrition consulting service and WIC nutrition program. You will be immersed in a supportive and collaborative work environment to help serve our customers’ nutrition management needs.
Full-time positions would be for up to 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Motivational interviewing
- Public health nutrition education
- Long term care nutrition services
- School nutrition programs
- Senior nutrition Programs
- Menu analysis
- Food safety and sanitation
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in food science, nutrition, dietetics, or closely related field or Certificate of completion with an accredited Registered Dietetic Technician program.
- Required Licenses/Certifications: Must possess current registration as a Registered Dietitian (RD) / Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Registered Dietetic Technician (DTR) issued by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Minimum Experience: One (1) year full-time experience as a dietitian in a clinical setting and/or long-term care setting, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Motivational interviewing counseling skills and ability to adapt nutrition counseling
- Time management and communication skills
- Familiarity with state survey process and compliance to nutrition care regulations
- Apply current research information and methods to dietetic practice; utilize computer and other technology in the practice of dietetics
- Assess nutritional status of patients; develop nutrition care plans
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with residents, families, and inter-disciplinary team members and other NHA employees at all levels
- Fundamentals of nutrition care delivery in community programs
- Principles of therapeutic dietetics, food preparation and service, food sanitation and menu planning
- Must meet all local health regulations. Requirements will also include a criminal background check as well as reference inquiries. It may also include a post-employment drug screening.
- Flexible Schedule (no nights or weekends)
- Bi-Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off (if eligible)
- Paid Holidays (if eligible)
- Friendly and supportive work environment
Please send resume, cover letter (including salary requirements), and three professional references (including one past supervisor) to Rebecca Suehring, Nutrition Manager via email or mail.
Nutrition & Health Associates, Inc.
Attn: Rebecca Suehring, Nutrition Manager
32 E. Racine Street, Suite 150
Janesville, WI 53545
Hourly rate range: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour