Healthy Beginnings+, also known as Prenatal Care Coordination (PCC), is a Medicaid and Badger Care Plus benefit that helps pregnant women get the support and services they need to have a healthy baby. A Care Coordinator will help women during their pregnancy and for 2 months after their baby is born. Participating in PCC can reduce the incidence of low birth weight, preterm labor, and infant mortality.
Eligible Women Receive the Following Benefits:
- Personalized, one-on-one visits with our registered nurses and dieticians
- Health information to help you understand your body during pregnancy, birth, and beyond
- Assistance connecting to community and personal resources that meet your needs
- Information on good eating habits and health practices
- Information on becoming a new parent
- Personal and family support
- Pregnant women with Medicaid/Badger Care Plus health coverage
A Care Coordinator will meet with you and ask you some questions to see if you are eligible.
There is no cost for this service.
A PCC Care Coordinator can be reached by calling NHA in Beloit (608) 362-1566 or Janesville (608) 754-3722. Coordinators are also available by phone or text at (608) 302-2116.