Rainbow Pasta Salad
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 c shredded carrot
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse under cold water. Drain. In a large bowl, whisk together the broth, vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, basil and salt. Add pasta, broccoli, carrots tomatoes, pepper and Parmesan and toss to coat.
Copyright 2010 by Nutrition and Health Associates, Inc.